The 7 Best Things That Have Happened to Romance Novels
7. Anne Rice —> She made vampires sexy first AND the whole seductive submission thing? Yeah, she pretty much started that.
6. Vibrators —> Quite frankly, it just needs to be said. So if you’re one of those types who reads romance/erotica and claims they’ve never enjoyed a one-handed reading fest, then, well… just know that WE (and by we, I mean those of us totally cool with admitting it) know you are completely lying. Ok, I kid, I kid…(mostly) but when you’re reading something steamy and you’ve lost that loving feeling, then a little B.O.B. might just become your best friend.
5. Feminism: YEAH WE GET SHIT DONE AND WE ALSO LIKE TO READ HAPPY LOVE STORIES WITH SOME HOT SEX?! WHAT OF IT?!
4. Fabio —> Oh yes…just embrace it. You know you want to. I mean FFS, it’s FABIO. Look at that hair, those abs! JAYSUS. I don’t know if he started the typical romance novel cover trend, or just made it that well known, but come on, he’s just awesome.
3. The recession —> Sounds weird, right? But turns out, when the economy is in the crapper, people want to read/watch happier things. This includes romance novels! So when you’re all
because you’re unemployed, living in your parents’ basement, and feel like your college degree is absolutely worthless, PICK UP A ROMANCE NOVEL! You wouldn’t be the only one. Read something happy, fun, sexy, and just watch yourself feel better so that you’ll be like this:
2. Fifty Shades of Grey —> Love it, hate it, really REALLY hate it, or keep it in your nightstand next to the Bible, 50 Shades of Grey put erotica at the forefront of publishing and everyone’s minds. People who had never even considered reading erotica, were picking this up and talking about it with their friends. The covers were something you didn’t have to hide if you were reading it in public and the titles were vague enough too so you could (for the time being) get away with your naughty reading habit. All of a sudden people were talking about sexuality in a newly uninhibited way which, in itself, is a major triumph.
1. E-readers —> By far the best thing to happen to romance authors and readers, e-readers have given romance consumers a sense of privacy and an easy way to collect all the books from their favorite authors. Authors now give extra content, deleted scenes, and are even releasing e-serials for their dedicated fans. They’ve opened up doors for aspiring authors who’ve self-published and is where 50 Shades of Grey really began to pick up traffic. E-readers are here to stay and with those, the romance audience will continue to grow.
- vampiric-binge likes this
- msromanticreads likes this
- undertowandoverboard likes this
- satine30 reblogged this from riffleromance
- palm-twitchinglymad likes this
- pinkymomo reblogged this from riffleromance
- maslowluvr reblogged this from riffleromance
- maslowluvr likes this
- nicorosso likes this
- riffleromance posted this